Creative Services Director
Reporting into: CEO
GDS Group is a global event, creative studios and SaaS business, dedicated to helping our clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital, transformative business environment. Our outstanding B2B Digital Summits, Round Tables and Virtual Showcase events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find critical business solutions to real-world challenges.
By researching, creating, and delivering insight-led content and connections, every event we stage, or broadcast strengthens our reputation and demonstrates our position of global expertise in the industries and verticals in which we operate.
- We currently work with the C-Suite in some of the world’s most well-known brands such as IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Nike, Gucci, Amazon and many more
- We have office locations and broadcast studios in Bristol, Miami and New York, with more expansion plans underway.
- We grew by 98% in 2021 and grew parts of our business by over 200% in 2020. 2022 is on track to demonstrate further growth.
About the Role
Following a phenomenal period of growth, we are creating the new role of Creative Services Director to oversee the delivery of all of our creative output while maintaining creative integrity and fostering a strong ethos of collaboration across multiple stakeholders and teams.
GDS delivers over 3000+ B2B summits, showcases and round tables as year. But it doesn’t stop there. From September we will be launching our new immersive Saas virtual events platform Jugo https://jugo.io/
And from 2023, we will open new commercial channels of branded content and bespoke sponsor-led events from our state-of-the-art production studios in the heart of Bristol and NYC.
We are seeking an inspiring and hands-on leader, responsible for directing and supporting our design and creative team and studios by leading the delivery of our project intake, briefs, project management, client and team communication, review, asset delivery and storage, workflow processes and products and more.
Ideally, you will have a significant experience in digital/live events/broadcast and content. You're highly analytical and also have a deep understanding creative teams and processes. You will be adept at thinking holistically about the bigger picture while working to keep things moving.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Build a culture of continuous improvement through the implementation of best-practice processes.
- Effectively plan, resource, and manage colleagues across our creative function, including direct management of an in-house team comprising design and video. Actively collaborate with teams to offer options, build on ideas and get to creative solutions.
- Assign creative tasks to team-members, manage the production budget, schedule meetings and creative reviews, liaise with cross-functional stakeholders, chase briefs, and ensure the timely planning of shoots and asset retouch.
- Communicate project timelines, milestones, and actions to internal team members and additional key stakeholders
- Manage and guide stakeholder expectations at every level against key milestones and delivery. Chair regular critical milestone meetings with key stakeholders across Creative, Content, Production, Styling, Brand, Studio and the wider Customer and Design teams.
- Audit and optimize operational creative and cross functional teams and processes; establish new workflows, update process standards and best practices to drive efficiency and quality, analyse pain points to develop improvements, and adjust processes for maximum efficiency
- Own the strategic planning of creative resources, both current and future-facing; Proactively consider different strategic approaches to get to the best possible outcomes.
- Working closely with Finance, HR, and Procurement for budget management.
- Work with creative leads to ensure standards, templates, and approaches to asset development are aligned and optimized
- Be adept at allocating the right people to the right projects at the right time. Oversee department employee onboarding to ensure all team members understand creative strategy, design and delivery.
- Stay on top of industry standards and trends in order to lead and implement creative tool and system recommendations.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, procure, and implement creative tools and systems (i.e., project management, digital asset management, digital publishing)
- Review and develop new working methods including how the business could charge, resources and allocates time to projects, to offer effective solutions on external projects.
8+ years of leadership experience in creative operations and/or project management at a live events, broadcast or agency
Exceptional organisational, leadership and problem-solving skills.
Substantial experience managing a creative department, owning traffic co-ordination and scheduling at scale in a fast-paced environment. A stickler for detail, and calm under pressure.
Proven qualities of adaptability and flexibility in coping with rapidly changing circumstances.
Able to work with a multi-discipline team to align on and navigate frequent, tight deadlines.
Superior project management skills are a must for timely and effective delivery. Adept at marketing campaign planning and production. Proven experience building effective creative plans and processes that support business goals
Multi-channel focussed, i.e., across both design, print, web, digital, film and marketing content creation.
An approachable and highly effective communicator across all levels of the business, with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
Budget management experience, with ability to negotiate as needed
Great but not essential:
Degree level or similar.
Detailed knowledge of creative agencies, freelance agencies and account management.
Must be able to use Microsoft office, Trello, Confluence, CMS and basic Adobe suite.