Chorus is a creative agency producing powerful, theatrical & strategic live & digital experiences. www.chorus.london
We are a band of creatives, designers, producers and technical experts with backgrounds in live performance, both on and behind the stage.
Addicted to the feeling of when the house lights go down and the tangible anticipation of a human connection, we are always striving for brave and dynamic storytelling.
We bring experience and edge: combining knowledge and flawless production with challenging the status quo and always pushing creativity to a new level.
In both live and digital formats we create special events, awards shows, product and media launches, experiential activations, conferences and brand communications.
We act like a band. With a talented team singing our client’s tune, loud and proud.
We are your Chorus.
Based in London, delivering globally.
Giving back to and protecting our planet is hugely important to us as a collective of individuals and as a business. We are independently certified as a net zero business and are recipients of the carbon footprint standard.
All our staff complete Sustainability in events training and apply measurement and management to projects.
We are active members of industry association, ISLA, working to best practice sustainable policies. We are members of Ecolibrium and proactively offer our clients options to offset emissions and implement zero targeted event delivery as standard.
We are member of the London Wildlife Trust and every member of the agency is given 2 days a year to work on the Trust’s green projects
Chorus is looking for a Production Manager in the Live Events area to join our growing team working flexibly from home and in our London office in Fulham. The person in this position will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of events at home and abroad.
Our largest clients include Diageo, EY and Montblanc for who we deliver a wide range of creative projects including global experiential tool kits, webinars, customer and consumer events, brand activations, awards shows and conferences.
Principal Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
5 + years of industry experience required
- Prepare and manage detailed production budget (up to £1M)
- Coordinate detailed documentation of all quotes and costings
- Budget reconciliation during live project and post-production
- Considerable experience of delivering a range of productions across a range of output or genres. Live, Hybrid and Virtual
- Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with a level of technical understanding to enable the most efficient production of content.
- Oversee development management plans (ie: site, traffic, tech)
- The ability to read, review and interpret technical drawings and site plans
- Develop detailed working project timelines
- Prepare production schedules
- Prepare supplier brief documentation
- Liaise with appointed television broadcast partner if required
- Prepare production kit
- Manage production team and supply Partners
- Obtain all necessary approvals & permits to stage the event
- Obtain engineer’s certificates for any constructed structures
- Oversee supplier’s insurances
- Able to advise on production systems and support the implementation of new technologies on productions.
- A ambition to be sustainable and have experience in working with this in mind
- Working with the Production Director source, manage & appoint suitable supply partners for set and staging, lighting, sound, video, scenery, props, transport, machine hire, power etc
- Collaborate with the Production Director in the appointment of the team to meet the demands of the project
- Experience in monitoring and managing Health & Safety on a production
- Communicate prior to the event to all suppliers the OH&S compliance standards and requirements
- Oversee event-specific risk management systems
- Book and manage all pyrotechnics & special effects
- Fill performance rider technical requirements
Security & First Aid
- Oversee security management with the venue
- Liaise with emergency services such as ambulance, fire and police
- Oversee all emergency procedures in conjunction with security and H&S partners
- Communications hire & procedures
- Liaise with statutory authorities
- Development applications
- Building applications
- Local councils
- Work proactively with Event Producers
- Recognised formal Health & Safety training
- Prepare site plans (CAD or VWX)
- Experience in global production delivery
- A desire to be sustainable and have experience in working with this in mind
- Competitive salary and benefits
- On the job training as well as promotion through personal coaching
- Entrepreneurial and creative culture with global career development and travel
- Great working conditions and modern offices in West London