You will be responsible for the team who deliver a group of leading events in our exciting and growing Arts & Entertainment portfolio - Greenwich Summer Sounds, the prestigious Hampton Court Palace Festival, The Big Feastival and Winter Ice Rink projects. You will focus on the expert execution and financial delivery of these events.
- Recruit, manage, mentor and regularly review the performance of the event management team.
- Ensure that the Operations, Marketing and Sales functions are working collaboratively and being driven to the same end goal for each event.
- Regular communication with all external stakeholders to develop and maintain excellent partner relations.
- Work with the senior management team to set the annual projections for events and review and track budgets, addressing any areas of concern.
- Proactive review of all commercial operations to ensure they are profitable and being managed in the most cost-effective way.
- Ensure our events remain market leaders with the visitor experience at the centre of everying we do.
- Ensure that the events are operated with exceptional production values and to the highest safety standards, meeting our legal obligations around operating events.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in event direction in consumer event industry and team leadership, with the following qualifying criteria:
- B2C events
- 20k+ visitors;
- Outdoor events;
- Music; Food; Winter; Festival; Family event experience (ideally across a combination of these);
- Feature-led events with exhibition stands (consumer interaction);
- Budgets exceeding £1.5 million GBP
- Experience in budget management is essential.
- Key relationship management with venues, talent, major sponsors and media partners.
- Experience in creation and implementation of marketing strategies for B2C live events/festivals.
- Experience in managing sponsorship and sales campaigns.
- Experience in managing an events team, both direct and indirect reports.
We are looking for someone with a good knowledge of the music scene, an acute understanding of each event audience and a keen interest in current food, drink and event trends. If this sounds like you, you will be joining a team of like-minded individuals with excellent career and development prospects.